The Ambivalent Writer, The Natural, The Wicked Child, The Self Promoter, The Neurotic: which one are you? These are the first five chapter titles of Betsy Lerner’s (agent, writer, editor) book, The Forest for the Trees. It was first published in 2000, and I’ve probably read it yearly since buying it. (Note picture of worn book reflecting clutching, bathtub reading, and talismanic lifting to heart, kissing, and offering to God.) Now a revised version has launched.
- The Push and Pull of Mothers and Daughters
- Give Mom Some Schadenfreude for Mother’s Day!
- Writers on Stage: 10 Tips for Readings in Public
- Debut Books by Writers Over 40
- The Book I Miss this Week: Ice Bound a Doctor’s Incredible Battle For Survival at the South Pole, by Dr. Jerri Nielson with Maryanne Vollers